[wp-xmlrpc] XML-RPC in Wordpress 3.0

nico nsebban at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:42:48 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've been playing with the XMLRPC API, and I have a few unanswered questions
:

--Is there a Codex page that lists every RPC method, with links to the
corresponding help page ?
I couldn't find any...I usually end up catenating the URL
http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC/ with the method name (ie.
http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC/wp.getComments), and it sometimes works.
I'll gladly create a codex account and set this page up, if it doesn't exist
already...I just wanted to be sure it's not redundant.

--Are there plans for new RPC methods in the near future ?
I realized that many of the WP3 new features (custom taxonomies, custom post
types) don't have corresponding RPC methods...are there plans to add these ?
Is the XMLRPC part of Wordpress still alive ?

--Is it possible adding custom RPC methods through plugins code ? Do you
recommend it ?
I noticed the "xmlrpc_methods" filter, that can be used to add custom RPC
methods programmatically in plugins. I think I read at some point that the
whole Wordpress "engine" is not started when dealing with XMLRPC
requests...In that context, would registering new methods through the filter
and loading the corresponding callbacks work ? And would you do it that way
?

Thank you for your answers.

Nicolas