[wp-xmlrpc] popular ruby XML-RPC app?

tony baldwin tony at baldwinsoftware.com
Sat Apr 17 00:10:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Joseph Scott <joseph at josephscott.org> wrote:
> We track various stats on WordPress.com, one of them is the number new
> posts that come in via XML-RPC.  I like going one step deeper and
> looking at which clients are the most popular.  I'm doing this based
> on the user-agent string provided, which is fine for most situations.
> I'm noticing that we have some clients (reasonably popular ones) that
> aren't setting unique user-agent strings though.  For instance:

If you start seeing "Xpostulate", it's http://baldwinsoftware.com/xpost.html
the client I just released, which is written in Tcl, but doesn't use
the existing Tcl xmlrpc library.
I wrote my own routines for writing posts.

I think most of my users are using LiveJournal, Dreamwidth, and
related/clone sites, but it works
with WordPress, too, and I'm using it there.

./tony
--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
http://www.baldwinsoftware.com