[wp-xmlrpc] tickets, patches and issues push for WP 2.9

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Thu Aug 13 18:13:53 UTC 2009

Seeing this ticket from Joe Cheng (from the Windows Live Writer team)
- http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10599 - (I think I already
know what the issue is there) reminded me to put a call out for
tickets, patches and outstanding issues that you'd like to see get
attention for the upcoming 2.9 release of WordPress.  We are far
enough out from the release right now to get changes in and have time
to test them.

If you have an AtomPub or XML-RPC issue that doesn't have a ticket yet
please submit it at http://core.trac.wordpress.org/

You can see the current tickets that are marked for the XML-RPC
component -

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&status=reviewing&component=XML-RPC&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component

and AtomPub component tickets -

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&status=reviewing&component=AtomPub&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone

Looking for a way to help?  Find a ticket that interests you and see
if it has a patch.  If it does try it out and make sure it solves the
problem and doesn't cause any new ones.  If it clears both of those
hurdles leave a comment on the ticket indicating that, then those with
commit privs will have less work to do.  If there's no patch then
start work on one.

Questions?  This email list is a good place for XML-RPC and AtomPub
discussions.  There's also the #wordpress-dev IRC channel on
freenode.  I'm often logged in there, along with other developers, and
am happy to help.  I know DCJ (the MarsEdit author) is often lurking
in that channel as well.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org