[wp-xmlrpc] An Error in Custom Fields Processing?

David Weiss dave at daveweiss.net
Mon Apr 20 18:28:49 GMT 2009

I don't know yet.

I am not super slick with my Linux administration, so I want to figure out
the proper way to upgrade to 5.2.9 without blowing up my server.  Also, my
server was built with RPMs, so upgrading and downgrading components isn't
always easy, particularly since my host will not support Fedora 9 or 10.  I
can't find the FC8 RPM packages to downgrade libxml2.  I figured that would
be the simplest thing to test first, then move on to php 5.2.9 and
recompiling Apache, which I want to avoid if at all possible, since I don't
see FC8 RPM packages for those items either.

I may just write a simple plugin for myself or hack my template to fix the
data on the fly.  There are only a couple of specific times where the & gets
omitted.  "width=600height=400" can easily be fixed with a str_replace
function to stick the & back in.  I have some other instances of
"width=150height=100" that can easily be fixed on the fly, too.