[wp-xmlrpc] Encoded values in tag & category names

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Wed Oct 29 16:37:30 GMT 2008

I've recently been digging into an issue where tag & category names
are exposed this encoded values.  For instance, if a tag name is
'black & white' then it gets exposed as 'black & white'.  After
some investigation it turns out this is a problem that has been in
WordPress for awhile (it's not new to the upcoming 2.7 release).  I've
been able to track down where and why it's happening, but to properly
fix will require a adjusting a number of things.  With the currently
push to get 2.7 released soon, we've decided to push fixing this
problem back to after 2.7 gets released.

I've added a ticket to track this issue: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8002

Thanks to Joe Cheng at Microsoft for bringing this up and prodding me
to look into it :-)

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org