[wp-xmlrpc] XML-RPC and AtomPub to be disabled by default in 2.6

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Fri Jun 20 16:17:30 GMT 2008

Thanks  for the heads up, Joseph! I added my thoughts to the bug, but
I'll repeat them here:

What a bummer. Terrible news for desktop clients. I hope the security
enhancing tradeoff is very high because this will be a support burden
on developers who are supporting users of desktop clients.

It's also worth noting that this will add friction to the process of
using a remote client with WordPress, and therefore make other systems
such as Blogger potentially more attractive to such users.

Daniel