[wp-xmlrpc] XML-RPC and AtomPub to be disabled by default in 2.6

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 20:51:55 GMT 2008

Joe Cheng wrote:
> I finally got a chance this weekend to install the WP 2.6 beta and see how the user experience is when trying to configure to a blog that has XML-RPC disabled. The error message I got was this:
>
> -32601: server error. requested method blogger.getUsersBlogs does not exist.
>
> Needless to say, this is pretty deeply unhelpful for users--any chance we can get a custom error code and error message for this condition?

Looks like you running an old beta there.

The first pass of the change removed the methods but the current code
does return a friendly error message.

You should get:
"XML-RPC services are disabled on this blog.  An admin user can enable
them at %s'"

Please try RC1 (right at the bottom of this page
http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/).

Cheers

westi
--
Peter Westwood
  C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5