[wp-xmlrpc] Query regarding wp.getPages

Srinivas srinivas.subrahmanya at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:05:53 GMT 2008

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the wp.getPages fix. I am facing no more problems with
re-direction now.

But Now, I have a different problem with respect to WordPress Pages.
As per my understaning, each of the WordPress 'Pages', unlike regular blog
posts, can have a different template. And, the WordPress web console helps
the user to choose the template he wants to use for the Page being edited.

In our product, we allow the user to edit the Pages and we want to allow the
user to choose template for the Page as he can do it in the WordPress web
console.

I have some questions on how I can achieve this:

   1. How can I get the list of Templates available for the user to
   choose from? Is there any wp.* API for that?
   2. Once I get the List, If an user selects a template, which XMLRPC
   API would help me in updating this information - wp.editPage seems to
   have no field to capture the details of the template - correct me if I am
   wrong.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas Vedantam