[wp-xmlrpc] Dropping in

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Fri Sep 28 23:33:48 GMT 2007

On Sep 28, 2007, at 3:42 PM, Dougal Campbell wrote:

> I thought I'd drop in and see if I could stick my fingers back into WP
> development for a bit.
>
> Some background: Among other things, I did the original implementation
> of the metaWeblog and Moveable Type API support. Plus, some of the
> underlying work I did there (helper functions like wp_insert_post(),
> wp_update_post(), and friends) was later moved into the main core
> functions, to provide a higher level of abstraction. I also did the
> initial integration of the Atom Publishing Protocol on the
> wordpress.com
> side of things (I didn't write that code, I mainly just modified it to
> work in the wordpress.com lighttpd environment).

Having your input would be terrific!  Some of the historical "whys"
have been bit difficult to figure out.

> I don't often have a lot of free time, and consequently, I can
> sometimes
> be slow to move on things. But I'd like to try to contribute in
> whatever
> ways I can.

I've been trying to direct people who are developing clients that
work with WordPress XML-RPC to this list, with specific patches
usually run through Trac.  What ever time and input you have would
truly be welcomed.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/