[wp-xmlrpc] Dropping in

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Mon Oct 1 15:33:31 GMT 2007

Joseph Scott wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2007, at 3:42 PM, Dougal Campbell wrote:
>
>> I thought I'd drop in and see if I could stick my fingers back into WP
>> development for a bit.
>
> Having your input would be terrific!  Some of the historical "whys"
> have been bit difficult to figure out.

Most of the time, the answer is probably, "because that's what worked." ;)

>> I don't often have a lot of free time, and consequently, I can sometimes
>> be slow to move on things. But I'd like to try to contribute in whatever
>> ways I can.
>

> I've been trying to direct people who are developing clients that work
> with WordPress XML-RPC to this list, with specific patches usually run
> through Trac.  What ever time and input you have would truly be welcomed.

Speaking of clients, are there *any* decent blog clients for Linux?
Darned if I can find one.

I need to make another go at installing Ecto under Wine. I had problems
before, but since then I discovered that I have better success
installing apps from the the emulated DOS shell than trying to do it
directly from linux with something like "wine fooinstaller.exe".

When I was doing the initial development, I used to use Scott Andrew
LePera's online XML-RPC test server for debugging:

  http://www.scottandrew.com/xml-rpc/test-mirror.php

(parent page here: http://www.scottandrew.com/xml-rpc/ )

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org <mailto:dougal at gunters.org>>