[wp-xmlrpc] exposing and manipulating custom fields

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Tue Nov 13 17:01:34 GMT 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 5:58 PM, Joseph Scott wrote:

>    "custom_fields" = (
>        {id = 129; key = city; value = Sacramento; },
>        {id = 130; key = city; value = Sandy; }
>    )

I'm a little uneasy about the use of an omission to imply "complete
deletion." For instance, I'm trying to put together a custom fields
service, and I have a typo that causes:

  "custom_fields" = (
        {id = 129; key = city; vaalue = Sacramento; },
        {id = 130; key = city; vaalue = Sandy; }
    )

Now I've just wiped out all of the custom fields in my blog for id's
129 and 130?

Maybe a separate method would be better for adjustments to the actual
topology of custom fields, instead of overloading it SO much in the
post settings.

In general, I'd like to think that posting a blog post can at worst
adversely affect THAT post.

Daniel