[wp-xmlrpc] WP 2.2.1 breaks Ruby 1.8.2

Joe Cheng Joe.Cheng at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 29 18:11:38 GMT 2007

> I'm still a bit torn on what exactly the new field should contain.
> Allan's arguments for the new field to be an offset is attractive.
> No data is duplicated and it does a provide a way to determine the
> GMT date.

I agree--the offset is more elegant, but just using the UTC date is likely more practical. I think the ship has long since sailed on making MetaWeblog being elegant, so I'd personally lean toward practical :)

If we do the UTC date then no parsing at all will be required, given a reasonable XML-RPC library. That seems like a real benefit to me.