[wp-xmlrpc] WP 2.2.1 breaks Ruby 1.8.2

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Tue Jun 26 17:31:12 GMT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Joe Cheng wrote:

> Or how about a separate member that says what time zone is being
> used? This way there's no data duplication.

The only question that comes up is then you have to detect whether the
"old-style" date is in fact one of these unusual beasts that has the
time-zone tacked in.  Maybe not a big deal, but you'd then have the
question of whether the additional time-zone metadata is an
affirmation of the built-in time zone, or a further adjustment to it.

I think I prefer the separate field because it clearly delineates the
meanings of the fields. One is "server-specific meaning", and one is
GMT. Each is fully independent and parseable without regard to the
other (if the client doesn't want to regard one or the other).