[wp-xmlrpc] WP 2.2.1 breaks Ruby 1.8.2

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Tue Jun 26 16:44:15 GMT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Daniel Jalkut wrote:
> My point? NONE of these systems uses an unadorned GMT-based time as
> their default time representation. Is it a major bug? Yes, perhaps.
> But you are painting me as some kind of villain because I want
> WordPress to behave "like all the others" at least to some extent.

And to put a finer point on this: If WordPress wants to take the lead
and *completely change* the de facto standard for how times have been
reported to XML-RPC clients by all the major blogging systems, then
it needs to do so with great thought and consideration for the impact
this will have on clients, and for how it will put it apart from the
other systems in terms of assumptions that can or can't be made about
the times coming from it.

Daniel