[wp-xmlrpc] WP 2.2.1 with TextMate

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Tue Jun 26 04:04:19 GMT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 8:59 PM, John Austin wrote:

> Forgive me for being somewhat niaive but how would one go about
> updating their ruby?

Below is an email from Allan Odgaard on the subject.
-------------------------

> I just installed WP 2.2.1 with Daniel Jalkut's xml-rpc changes but
> now I can't fetch posts at all due to an iso timecode error.

The problem is that now WP will send the date as ‘YYYYMMDDTHH:MM:SSZ’.

Previously it would not send the trailing ‘Z’ and ruby 1.8.2 (shipped
with Tiger) does *not* expect that ‘Z’ (and thus raises a “wrong
format” exception).

The XML-RPC specification defines the format using one example which
is w/o a ‘Z’ (and there is an additional note about time zone info
which hints that they did not expect this type to ever carry TZ info
[1]) so WP is probably wrong in sending it.

That said, newer versions of Ruby’s XML-RPC parser do support several
variations, so upgrading your Ruby [2] will fix the problem -- but I
have cc’ed Joseph, he can say if we should expect a patch for WP.

[1] Which is unbelievable stupid, but that whole spec is unbelievable
stupid.
[2] Remember to update “shebang path” -- http://macromates.com/
textmate/manual/shell_commands#search_path

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/