[wp-xmlrpc] date_created_gmt

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Fri Aug 24 16:59:13 GMT 2007

On Aug 24, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2007, at 4:00 PM, Joseph Scott wrote:
>
>> [...] I've prepared a patch that reverts the dateCreated field
>> back to the way it was before (blog time) and adds a new field,
>> date_created_gmt.
>
> I don’t know which case conventions exist, but isn’t it be better
> to name it dateCreatedGMT?
>
> This also ensures the fields are shown after each other when sorted
> alphabetically and just hints a stronger connection between the two.

I went back and forth a bit on that at first.  After looking at all
other fields being returned by metaWeblog.getPost by WordPress
currently I found that dateCreated and permaLink were the only two
fields that used camel case.  All other fields were either a single
word or used underscores.  This seemed to be especially true of
fields not part of the original spec, like mt_* and wp_*.  Based on
that it went with the underscore.

Sorting should still work, in metaWeblog.newPost they are the only
two field names that start with date.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/