[wp-ui] Why doesn't the UI group use a forum?

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Fri Jun 4 13:37:15 UTC 2010

On 6/3/10 9:27 PM, Paris Vega wrote:
> It is kinda funny that the UI Group communicates through a mailing
> list chain. Why not a proper forum?

To be honest, when we get to the point where the UI blog has the ability
for people to subscribe to comments, upload images, etc., I'd just as
soon ditch the mailing list and have everything in one place. Keeping
track of multiple channels takes exponentially more time (witness the
development group). The list exists because the blog doesn't have all
the necessary functionality yet due to the restrictions on the
wordpress.org server, which we're working on addressing. The UI group is
meant to be a working group -- think of a design team at an agency --
not a place for random place for any and all WordPress UI-related topics
to be discussed. There are already regular forums in other places for that.
Jane