[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60991: Could the WP Admin logo reflect the Site Icon instead of the default WordPress logo?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 15 15:18:24 UTC 2024

#60991: Could the WP Admin logo reflect the Site Icon instead of the default
WordPress logo?
------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  leecollings             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  closed
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * keywords:  close 2nd-opinion =>
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Duplicate of #35807.

 I'll close as a duplicate of the Site Logo ticket.

 I would like to replace the WordPress logo and link without a plugin (or
 customizing the theme), but implementing that in Core could be very
 tricky. The Site Logo should be more appropriate than the Site Icon on the
 login page, but we do not know the logo's dimensions to determine a
 maximum width and/or height (if the image is taller than it is wide). The
 Site Icon has cropping to enforce a square.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60991#comment:5>