[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42999: A Super Admin can have no caps on a /wp/v2/users/me?context=edit REST API request

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 25 02:17:20 UTC 2020

#42999: A Super Admin can have no caps on a /wp/v2/users/me?context=edit REST API
request
--------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  imath                     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  closed
Changes (by TimothyBlynJacobs):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 I don't think this is an issue anymore since Gutenberg is now using action
 links and as such real `user_can` checks. Checking against the
 `capabilities` returned in the REST API response is of limited utility
 because the capabilities API isn't actually running. I'm not sure that we
 should be encouraging more uses of this field.

 Based on that, I'm going to close this out. But if someone feels strongly
 about implementing it and owning it, feel free to reopen.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42999#comment:5>