[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51615: Twenty Twenty-One Customizer: Editing Footer menu changing URL causes duplication in the preview

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 23 19:33:27 UTC 2020

#51615: Twenty Twenty-One Customizer: Editing Footer menu changing URL causes
duplication in the preview
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes              |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:  has-screenshots
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 When you edit the URL of a footer item in the Customizer Menu the icons
 start duplicating and getting edit icons on them. I assume the edit icons
 should always be there and the existing icons should update.

 In my test I was changing the Facebook item to Linkedin.

 Steps to produce;
 1. Install beta.
 2. Customizer > Menu
 3. Choose Footer Menu.
 4. Edit the Facebook item and change it's URL.
 5. View the preview icons get duplicated.