[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51462: Text and Visual window onclick function is not working on cutsomize screen in WordPress5.5.1

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 7 08:00:44 UTC 2020

#51462: Text and Visual window onclick function is not working on cutsomize screen
in WordPress5.5.1
 Reporter:  srrajkumar    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:  5.5.1
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                |
 Hi WP Team,

 Hope you all are doing well through this tough times.

 This mail is regarding the bug that I found recently in WordPress 5.5.1.
 The old native editor which was used in footer copyright section is not
 working. On click of "Text" tab its not showing the HTML textbox and just
 shows only the non-editable visual box. It can be fixed by adding the JS
 code OnClick functionality which was there earlier or we can update the
 normal Gutenberg block editor under Appearance > Customize section too.

 Cheers and Happy to hear back.