[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a long time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 7 18:25:46 UTC 2020

#49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a
long time
 Reporter:  vincenthasselgard        |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  accepted
  patch needs-refresh                |  ui-copy

Comment (by stuffradio):

 Replying to [comment:28 desrosj]:
 > There is also one situation I don't see discussed yet. Say version 1.0
 of plugin A is installed on a site and version 2.0 is available.
 Currently, the patch shows the date the plugin was last updated on .org,
 not on the site itself. I'm wondering if this would ever be confusing to
 the user. "Oh, I last updated x months ago."

 I didn't think about it this way. I wrote the code the way I did because I
 was thinking someone would want to know how long ago a plugin was updated
 so they could see if it is being supported or not. For example, I have
 worked in agencies in the past where they would audit a client's plugins
 to see if any plugins should be replaced due to a lack of updates.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49151#comment:33>