[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49193: Parent Page selector not available in Page Attributes when using Block Editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 14 05:00:59 UTC 2020

#49193: Parent Page selector not available in Page Attributes when using Block
Editor
 Reporter:  Brandicoot   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
  (bug)                  |
  feedback               |

Comment (by Brandicoot):

 Update:

 I've done some more testing and seem to have found where the problem
 lies...

 I setup a test site (site A) on our live multisite network and enabled
 identical plugins to an existing site (site B).
 I then disabled site activated plugins on site A one by one to see if the
 problem went away.
 When I disabled Gravity Forms on Site A, the problem went away for Site A.
 I then reactivated Gravity Forms on Site A and the problem did not return.

 Great, I thought.  So I did the same to site B.
 I deactivated Gravity Forms on Site B and, as expected, the problem went
 away.
 However, when I reactivated the Gravity Forms plugin on Site B, the
 problem returned.

 I then went to a third site to try again and noticed a PHP error message
 that flashed up on the screen briefly before loading the page editing
 screen.  The error stated that page headers had already been sent out by a
 script in a PHP functions file that I have that affects all sites on the
 network.  I removed the script and the problem goes away for all three
 sites with Gravity Forms activated.

 If you're interested in what the script did, it was to give me the option
 of making a Gravity Form field read only and is pasted below...

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 //Make a Gravity field read only
 add_filter( 'gform_pre_render', 'add_readonly_script' );
 function add_readonly_script( $form ) {
     ?>

     <script type="text/javascript">
         jQuery(document).ready(function(){
             /* apply only to a textarea with a class of gf_readonly */
             jQuery("li.gf_readonly input").attr("readonly","readonly");
         });
     </script>

     <?php
     return $form;
 }
 }}}

 So, with the above script removed, the problem no longer exists -
 although, the "parent page" drop down does take longer to load on sites
 with more pages but I can live with that.

 I'll just have to find another way of making Gravity Form fields read-only

 Thanks for your help.

 Chris

 Replying to [comment:2 Brandicoot]:
 > Hi @SergeyBiryukov
 >
 > Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to disable all plugins as many of
 the plugins are network activated and this would mean disabling 31 plugins
 for nearly 200 live websites.

 > However, our test platform, which is on the same server with an
 identical configuration and plugin set but which only has a couple of
 child sites is not experiencing this problem.  If it was a plugin
 confilict, I would expect to see the bug on the test platform.

 > The only difference between the test platform and the live platform is
 that the live platform has nearly 200 sites, whereas the test platform
 only has a few.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49193#comment:3>