[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48751: Make the list table "action links" always visible or provide an option for that

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 8 22:50:16 UTC 2020

#48751: Make the list table "action links" always visible or provide an option for
that
 Reporter:  akrabat                  |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reviewing
  patch needs-testing needs-dev-     |  javascript, css
  note                               |
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch needs-testing => has-screenshots
     has-patch needs-testing needs-dev-note

Comment:

 For anyone who might think it's too cluttered (more likely with additional
 links from plugins), could there be an option to keep the current style?
 This change is significant enough that we should consider whether someone
 would want to opt out.

 When I forced the action links to show for a client's site, my account
 there still had the standard hidden style. I apparently preferred it that
 way (then) because I completely hid the Trash link for all users (so no
 one would click that accidentally).

 On the other hand, having additional links probably increases the chances
 you want to see and use them. And you are less likely to click a link by
 accident if it's visible when the page loads.

 Either way, I recommend a dev note.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48751#comment:24>