[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37057: Creation of an esc_html functions for _n(), _nx(), _ex(), and number_format_i18n()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 10 17:40:39 UTC 2019

#37057: Creation of an esc_html functions for _n(), _nx(), _ex(), and
number_format_i18n()
 Reporter:  zakkath                              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request                      |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 I am +1, at least to: `esc_html_ex( 'Word', 'context', 'domain' );`.

 It is an obvious improvement over: `echo esc_html_x( 'Word', 'context',
 'domain' );`, while also being less confusing to any developer using
 modern autocomplete tools, who will wonder why `_ex()` exists and the
 escaping equivalent does not.

 For that reason, I personally think having full coverage of escaped
 variants is ideal, and find the lack of an escaped `_ex()` the most
 problematic on a regular basis.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37057#comment:12>