[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46981: Bundled themes should pass version to wp_enqueue_script() to ensure proper cache busting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 8 17:24:37 UTC 2019

#46981: Bundled themes should pass version to wp_enqueue_script() to ensure proper
cache busting
---------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  dswebsme       |       Owner:  dswebsme
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by dswebsme):

 @justinahinon Ah, nice catch. In previous conversations regarding
 wp_enqueue_style() it was mentioned several times that  "`twentynineteen`
 already uses `wp_get_theme()->get( 'Version' )`." I took that to mean that
 all enqueues use the dynamic version method but it looks like I was
 mistaken.

 That being the case, I'll modify the description above to reflect your
 findings. I'll reach out to some of the folks who provided feedback on the
 previous discussions to get recommendations on whether `twentynineteen`
 should call scripts using the dynamic version method or date string (e.g.
 20181231) like other `twenty*` themes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46981#comment:7>