[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44980: When using a mobile browser (iOS 12) and the Visual Editor you won’t be able to properly select/highlight text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 2 15:14:44 UTC 2018

#44980: When using a mobile browser (iOS 12) and the Visual Editor you won’t be
able to properly select/highlight text
---------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Geost          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by pwtk):

 Replying to [ticket:44980 Geost]:
 > Hi folks!
 >
 > I was able to reproduce this issue by using the latest version of
 WordPress.org and also on a WordPress.com site.

 > **Steps to reproduce the problem:**
 >
 > 1. Log in to your WordPress site using a browser (Safari or Chrome) on
 any device with iOS 12.
 > 2. Edit or create a post/page with text on it using the Visual Editor
 > 3. Select/highlight any word. Then try to highlight the next or previous
 word.

 > **What happens**
 >
 > It won't let you highlight what you want. Instead, it will highlight all
 the paragraph or nothing.
 > Here's a video:
 >
 > http://cld.wthms.co/NwMb1X
 >
 > (You will notice this only happens with the Visual Editor and not the
 Text Editor)

 > **What I expected**
 >
 > To be able to highlight the text as in the Text Editor
 >

 > ----
 >

 > **Devices where I was able to replicate this:**
 > iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2 (A1567)
 >
 > **OS:**
 > iOS 12.0
 >
 > **Browser:**
 > Safari & Chrome

 I was able to reproduce on iOS 12.0.1 using an iPhone 7 Plus.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44980#comment:3>