[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38741: Introduce the concept of a large site in order to speed up the Users screen when there are many users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jun 8 17:02:34 UTC 2018

#38741: Introduce the concept of a large site in order to speed up the Users screen
when there are many users
 Reporter:  johnbillion              |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  accepted
  feedback needs-testing             |  multisite, performance

Comment (by flixos90):

 Even more than with registered post types, metadata, options and anything
 else, declaring functions without a prefix is an absolute no-go unless you
 are a 100% sure you know what you're doing. I don't think we should change
 the name of `get_user_count()` just because someone might have declared
 it. We should only change the name if we actually think the name is not
 correct or precise enough.

 This change will be documented as well, so if someone is in fact declaring
 `get_user_count()` on their own, they should at least be aware of what
 they're doing is critical and be responsible of following core development
 in that regard closely enough.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38741#comment:38>