[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40768: site.com/login should not redirect to login page when user is already logged in

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 15 13:53:10 UTC 2017

#40768: site.com/login should not redirect to login page when user is already
logged in
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  subrataemfluence        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |     Status:  new
Component:  Login and Registration  |    Version:  4.7.4
 Severity:  normal                  |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                          |
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 When I am already logged in I should not be redirected to Login page if I
 type in `mysite.com/login`. Rather WordPress should be able to decide
 which page I should be on in this situation.

 Being redirected to Login page even when I am already logged in must be
 treated as a bug. The reason is I am being able to login as a different
 user by going to login page directly when I am already logged in!

 For example if I am already logged in as admin and type in
 `mysite.com/login` I should directly be taken to `wp-admin`. Same decision
 could be taken for different user privileges like if I am logged in as a
 subscriber or as a participant then I might land on site's home page.

 Inspired from [#40762] I have modified the decider so that WordPress can
 take this decision itself and stop landing logged in users to login page.