[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40628: User list table admin: Need to replace blank space with "—" when first_name and last_name is blank

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 3 15:40:14 UTC 2017

#40628: User list table admin: Need to replace blank space with "—" when first_name
and last_name is blank
 Reporter:  Girishpanchal                        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by afercia):

 "Unknown" makes sense to me and maybe it's even better. Screen readers
 already announce the column header "Name" so I'd say that hearing "Name
 ... unknown" is better than "Name ... No name" :)

 Maybe such a string would need to give some context to translators though,
 so I'd consider to use `_x()`.

 > Also i have found  ...
 Yep nice catch! Would you mind to open a separate ticket for that, please?
 It's always preferable to to keep things separated.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40628#comment:4>