[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open it automatically

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 25 00:10:03 UTC 2017

#37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open
it automatically
 Reporter:  melchoyce                            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  testing                                        |  administration

Comment (by westonruter):

 @melchoyce one more consideration I think is needed here, and that
 regarding activated vs inactive sections. For example, with #39087, the
 active sections for widget areas change based on which page you are
 previewing. So should auto-expansion happen when there is one section in a
 panel period, or when there is one section active? What if there is only
 one section but it is not active? Depending on the condition, the notice
 added in #39087 would not be displayed to the user. I think the proper
 answer is that auto-expansion should be done when: (1) there is one
 section associated with the panel, and (2) this one section is active.
 Otherwise, auto-expansion should be disabled.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37471#comment:20>