[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40199: Customize: collapse suggested and previously uploaded header images with accordions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 18 22:23:13 UTC 2017

#40199: Customize: collapse suggested and previously uploaded header images with
accordions
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize         |    Version:  3.9
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:  ui                |
 The custom header image control takes up quite a lot of space, which is
 why header videos are, somewhat confusingly, placed before the image
 control. We could improve this by collapsing the suggested and previously-
 uploaded images by default, making the headers/labels
 expandable/collapsable. That would allow larger image collections here
 without taking up too much space.

 Alternatively, other ways to show these collections should be considered,
 such as in the media modal. Eventually, we'll want this UI pattern to be
 able to expand to be used in other media controls.