[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40116: Since 4.7.3 the json output for the REST API is wrongly formatted breaking Android APP

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 12 10:38:44 UTC 2017

#40116: Since 4.7.3 the json output for the REST API is wrongly formatted breaking
Android APP
 Reporter:  tottaz        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  REST API      |    Version:  4.7.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 There is an issue with the json output in v 4.7.3 - it breaks the Android
 App - I have. This has been working fine, tills version 4.7 then it
 started to work with 4.7.1 now it's not working again.

 The issue code be an language encoding issue, you could look at my output

 [https://torbjornzetterlund.com/wp-json/wp/v2/posts/]

 You can see that it starts failing on the html output code </a> and all
 output is a link reference.

 I have another site running on the same multi-site setup, that also has
 issues - the site is

 [https://thelonelycyclist.org/wp-json/wp/v2/posts/]

 It shows that the issues is with the JSON Output response to a REST API
 call, I hope you can identify and fix.

 I have tested this on my staging host with similar results.