[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open it automatically

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 11 18:44:25 UTC 2017

#37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open
it automatically
-----------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  melchoyce                    |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch => has-screenshots needs-patch

Comment:

 One more thing: I think the behavior of auto-expanding a panel's only
 section should probably be opt-in. We know that we want it for widgets,
 but for themes and plugins that have their own custom panels, they may
 very well want to be able to show a panel with just one section as the
 custom panel UI may have additional controls at the panel level.

 So there could be a new `WP_Customize_Panel::$auto_expand_sole_section =
 false` param added, which for widgets we'd set it to be `true`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37471#comment:12>