[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when writing” setting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 2 06:15:11 UTC 2017

#40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when
writing” setting
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter            |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:26 emmtre]:
 > I'm amazed by such ignorance by core committers to justify a bad
 decision from the beginning. There are at least several hundred thousands
 of sites using widgets for forms, call for actions, footers, etc where the
 layout now are broken. And we are disabling TinyMCE for all users in all
 sites we are building since we are using a very strict layout policy with
 structured css. I'm sorry but you have to listen and understand why people
 are upset about this change nobody asked for.

 Disabling TinyMCE for a given user is not the solution being proposed, as
 I understand you to be indicating by this comment. This ticket is just to
 make the Text widget respect that user preference. For fixing the Text
 widget to be compatible with prior usages, while also directing users to
 use the new Custom HTML widget (#40907) moving forward, see #40951.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40960#comment:27>