[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39696: REST API: Filter which links get embedded when passing the ?_embed query parameter

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 28 01:23:28 UTC 2017

#39696: REST API: Filter which links get embedded when passing the ?_embed query
parameter
 Reporter:  rheinardkorf                         |       Owner:  jnylen0
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by rmccue):

 One other use case we need to support: `?_embed` without a value. Agree
 with @jnylen0 on the other points here generally speaking.

 Also worth noting: the value of this parameter needs to be a filter on
 things that are embeddable (i.e. an intersection of embeddable and the
 `_embed` value), and we need to be careful not to try and embed things
 that don't have the embeddable flag set to true.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39696#comment:29>