[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39928: selecting pages/post from the menu gets an 'oops that page can't be found' screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 21 18:02:50 UTC 2017

#39928: selecting pages/post from the menu gets an 'oops that page can't be found'
screen
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  andyetheregoi  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  General        |    Version:
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 *1  There appears to be a problem finding pages at my site.  When I select
 something to view from the menu on the right side of my site, in this
 example I chose 'Searching For A Community' simply by clicking on it from
 the menu, the 'oops that page can't be found' message comes up.

 *2  So I selected 'An Introduction' as that is my front page, and the
 entire 'Searching For A Community' page appeared, but it looks to be all
 of my recent posts.

 *3  So I went to the menu and selected 'Searching For A Community' to see
 if my introduction page had swapped places, and the 'nothing found...'
 page came up.  So I typed Searching For A Community text in the search
 bar.

 *4  Got the Searching For A Community page to start, but when I select
 'continue reading'...

 *5  Oops that page can't be found comes up again.

 *6  Ok, select An Introduction again from the menu on the right.

 *7  The entire Searching For A Community page comes up, along with the
 rest of my posts.

 Why will it not select anything I choose from the right hand menu without
 bringing up the 'oops that page can't be found' and search bar?  But then
 if I type the name of the page I want to see, some of it appears but
 selecting 'continue reading' loses it again?

 I am still very much in a learning phase here, and am disappointed that
 the process is turning into such a frustrating exercise.  It was supposed
 to be 'so easy'!

 Help me out please, kind wonderful Wordpress people....

 JO

 [[Image()]]