[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39898: Avoid using HTML in translation strings (wp-includes/customize/class-wp-customize-custom-css-setting.php)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 17 02:19:38 UTC 2017

#39898: Avoid using HTML in translation strings (wp-includes/customize/class-wp-
customize-custom-css-setting.php)
----------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  SergeyBiryukov  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  I18N            |    Version:  4.7
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
----------------------------+-----------------
 In the past, we've made an effort to
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/query?status=closed&component=I18N&summary=~avoid
 remove <code> tags from translatable strings], as they generally do not
 need to be translated.

 [38829] introduced a bunch of new strings with `<code>` tags in
 `WP_Customize_Custom_CSS_Setting` class for displaying error messages when
 validating custom CSS rules.

 I've just stumbled upon a string where `<code>content: "";</code>` was
 translated literally, which means we should remove non-translatable parts
 from these strings.