[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39874: Apostrophe cannot stay put, always replaced for a left single quotation mark.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 14 20:35:10 UTC 2017

#39874: Apostrophe cannot stay put, always replaced for a left single quotation
mark.
 Reporter:  ABTOP         |       Owner:

Comment (by ABTOP):

 @SergeyBiryukov, thank you, you are most helpful. But think for a second
 about the value of a feature of it takes a plugin to get rid of it. Eh?

 @tristangemus, if you bump up the font size, you'd see better that it's a
 different squiggle.

 @gitlost, U+2019 is RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK. Sure, it looks similar.
 Yes, it can be a workaround.

 The bigger question remains, however: why am I being forced to work around
 WordPress's unjustifiable ambition to alter my content?

 User's content must be off limits for any alteration. You can't tell
 people "This is the best Web publishing platform which will empower you to
 get your ideas out (after we RegEx the hell out of it)."

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39874#comment:5>