[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 13 21:48:46 UTC 2017

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots has-user-testing has-  |  javascript
  ux-feedback                        |
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-screenshots has-user-testing has-ux-feedback
     commit => has-patch has-screenshots has-user-testing has-ux-feedback
 * owner:  westonruter => celloexpressions
 * status:  reopened => assigned
 * priority:  high => normal

Comment:

 I'm concerned to revert [39140] due to its size and the complications of
 then merging commits for minor releases into the 4.7 branch, and the real
 possibility of merge conflicts. Instead of committing the reverts to SVN,
 I think the reverts should be made into a new patch (via Git) that will
 applies cleanly to `trunk` on one go, and then to iterate on the patch in
 a new feature branch (on Git) to then merge back into SVN once all of the
 lose ends are tied up.

 @celloexpressions To that end, I've created a new PR that follows your
 steps to revert commits and apply patches, along with fixing merge
 conflicts with trunk: https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/216

 I suggest basing work off this feature branch to which can then be merged
 once @melchoyce gives a design 👍🏻 in light of current priorities for the
 year.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:147>