[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39816: When non-super admin clicks "login" on Meta widget, he is sent to the root blog, not the one he is on.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 8 20:32:02 UTC 2017

#39816: When non-super admin clicks "login" on Meta widget, he is sent to the root
blog, not the one he is on.
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  hallcp          |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  General         |    Version:  4.7.2
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 For example, when the admin for blog XXX (not a super-admin) brings up the
 blog:

     http://aaa.bbb.ccc/blogs/XXX

 and clicks on "login", he arrives here:

     http://aaa.bbb.ccc/blogs/wp-admin

 as opposed to:

     http://aaa.bbb.ccc/blogs/XXX/wp-admin

 Super-admins do not exhibit this bug. I have three multi-site
 installations and two exhibit this bug. All are WP 4.7.2 and have similar
 plugins.

 I began to get reports of this after the 4.7.1 update.