[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39766: Plugin does not gracefully fail when editing active plugin causes fatal error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 5 10:42:15 UTC 2017

#39766: Plugin does not gracefully fail when editing active plugin causes fatal
error
 Reporter:  ovann86       |       Owner:

Comment (by ovann86):

 I'm seeing the issue until 7.0.15 and 7.0.13, both Apache but different
 hosts (the later being a clean VPN install).

 I did a little research and saw that PHP 7 introduced different error
 handling for included files with parse errors, but that wouldn't explain
 why it works for you with 7.0.15.

 Under my test environment I was able to see that the activate_plugin
 function continued to run after the include_once() (with parse error)
 rather than stop and redirect to the previously set header location.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39766#comment:4>