[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38511: Copy paste a long shortcode wpview (video, gallery... ) is broken in Firefox

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 17 10:29:44 UTC 2016

#38511: Copy paste a long shortcode wpview (video, gallery... ) is broken in
Firefox
------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  bduclos           |       Owner:  iseulde
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by iseulde):

 Normally we'll never have more than one shortcode in `createInstance`,
 because they are already matched, so I'm not sure if the extra loop is
 necessary. Also, I don't think it would be bad to disallow line breaks in
 general in these view texts as it will lead to nothing but problems.

 Ideally this is handled by mce indeed, but it doesn't seem like we can
 wait for that. Let's fix it like this for now.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38511#comment:18>