[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36239: wp-embed image size is using the smallest image or it sometimes uses the one for featured images

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 14 19:48:50 UTC 2016

#36239: wp-embed image size is using the smallest image or it sometimes uses the
one for featured images
 Reporter:  carasmo       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Embeds        |    Version:  4.4.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 When using the wp-embed in my custom post types the image size is correct,
 a bit big, but it's not blurry. In regular posts, the image size is the
 thumbnail size created for the media library thumbnail (not the one in the
 media settings) because that happens to be the smallest one. I noticed
 that for posts, whatever is the smallest image is being used, whether set
 in the functions file or by WordPress.