[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36082: Schedule post, not added to cron, shown as 'scheduled' in admin. Doesn't publish.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 3 14:08:10 UTC 2016

#36082: Schedule post, not added to cron, shown as 'scheduled' in admin. Doesn't
publish.
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  dencreativeltd  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Cron API        |    Version:  4.4.1
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
 Hello,

 We have an intermittent problem on a high traffic site.

 The issue is that occasionally, a post will be scheduled but not picked up
 in cron (we log whats in the cron). In the admin, it shows as being
 scheduled but obviously never posts because it's not actually present in
 the cron.

 What could make this happen?

 The site has about 20 users in the admin, with around 30 pageviews/second
 on frontend. (4 webservers etc)