[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not local date

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 3 07:00:43 UTC 2016

#35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not
local date
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  hnle                          |       Owner:  wonderboymusic
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by nacin):

 Some questions:
  * What bug is worse: #30429 or #35053 (this ticket)? It's possible we
 fixed a major bug and caused a minor one, so a revert may not be worth the
 tradeoff, but I don't know.
  * Is this bug a regression? As in, did it work fine prior to [34681]?

 This sounds like a revert of [34681], assuming it is a regression and it's
 an equally bad bug — local used to be broken, now that's fixed but GMT is
 broken. I'd rather GMT work, since it's always worked. And the patch to
 make this work is a) not ready (for one, exceptions should absolutely be
 trapped within `iso8601_to_datetime()`), b) as it stands, too big and too
 hairy for a point release.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35053#comment:22>