[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35974: `@param` tags with `&` in varaible names are not parsed as parameters in the developer docs

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 27 06:16:27 UTC 2016

#35974: `@param` tags with `&` in varaible names are not parsed as parameters in
the developer docs
 Reporter:  sudar         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  docs          |
 While documenting hooks, if `&` is added in the `@param` tag, then they
 are not regonized as parameters in the developer docs.

 Eg: Look under parameter sub-heading in the following pages

 https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/http_api_curl/
 https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/posts_where/

 and about a dozen pages where the parameters are not documented properly.

 I did a full search in the code base for the regex 'param .* \&\$' and
 fixed those instances.

 The patch I am attaching doesn't have any code changes. It only fixes
 phpdocs for the hooks who's parameters are not documented properly.