[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35859: get_edit_user_link should always return the edit user link even if the given ID is that of the current user

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 18 11:18:15 UTC 2016

#35859: get_edit_user_link should always return the edit user link even if the
given ID is that of the current user
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jancbeck        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 In my scenario a user action triggers an email that is sent to the site
 admin that contains a link to edit that users profile. When I'm using the
 function as follows

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 wp_mail( get_option('admin_email'), 'User needs help', get_edit_user_link(
 get_current_user_id() ) );
 }}}

 the email only contains a link to http://example.com/wp-admin/profile.php
 which of course isn't very helpful in that context.

 The expected behavior to me is that the URL returned is always pointing to
 that specific user that I used as a function argument and I can use the
 link in any context: http://example.com/wp-admin/user-edit.php?user_id=19