[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35852: Starting Firefox, post edit tab restored: Revision is set to point where I started working in this tab the last time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 17 11:15:19 UTC 2016

#35852: Starting Firefox, post edit tab restored: Revision is set to point where I
started working in this tab the last time
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  let me see...  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  General        |    Version:  4.4.2
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 This is a bit tricky to explain. I first noticed this about half a year
 ago (not sure when exactly). When I open my browser in the morning to work
 on an unfinished article, I do not in fact get the last version. Instead,
 I get the version of that point in time when I last started to work in
 this tab. So the complete history of changes in the last browser (tab)
 session is omitted. I always have to remind myself to reload the tab after
 starting FF, because only then I really get the latest revision on screen.

 Today I forgot that, and edited the title and killed the permalink
 (deleted the line, clicking OK). Then I noticed some old stuff in the post
 which I had already deleted last night (before saving it) - but I had not
 reloaded yet. So, I reloaded the page (now without saving the post, of
 course).

 However, what I ended up with was the old revision of the post (what I had
 been given this morning) with the new title (that I had changed without
 saving) and the old (!) permalink (which I had changed). And I could not
 restore the latest revision, because in the revision editor, it really
 showed me the latest version of yesterday night as current version. Which
 was crap, since after leaving the revision editor, I only got the old
 version again.

 So, now I have to copy/paste all changes from the revision comparison to
 get to the latest saved version of yesterday night.