[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35833: Including a table with the "widefat" class in Help tabs causes the quick edit UI to fail

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 15 05:11:48 UTC 2016

#35833: Including a table with the "widefat" class in Help tabs causes the quick
edit UI to fail
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Braad            |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Quick/Bulk Edit  |    Version:  4.4.2
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 This is a very strange issue. On a fresh WP install running twentysixteen
 with no plugins activated, including this code causes the quick edit UI to
 miscalculate its width and end up looking wacky:

 {{{
 add_action( 'load-edit.php', 'xxx_test_table_in_help_tab' );
 function xxx_test_table_in_help_tab() {
     $test_table_args = array(
         'id'       => 'test_help_table',
         'title'    => 'Something',
         'content'  => '<table
     );
     get_current_screen()->add_help_tab( $test_table_args );
 }
 }}}

 I'm attaching a screenshot of what the quick edit UI looks like with this
 code in place. Removing the class "widefat" restores the quick edit UI to
 normal. As strange as it sounds, I believe the presence of the widefat
 class is causing something in the quick edit JS to miscalculate. I haven't
 found the exact line where the issue is, but it seems to all come down to
 the presence of the "widefat" class.